ICORI (International Courses for Oral Rehabilitation and Implantology) was founded in 2012 and dedicates itself exclusively in the training and coaching of dentists in oral surgery and implantology. The motivation for the companys’ establishment is the lack of practical exercise in post grade courses in Europe and the USA.
Therefore, since 2012 ICORI is performing hands-on courses on patients in the Dominican Republic with the goal to teach international doctors implantology on patients, while helping the Dominican population by offering them our health care with no charge.
Aim of the hands-on program is to improve the skills and the know-how of the participants in the field of oral implantology and surgery, as well as to offer newcomers a chance to train surgery with us. Thanks to the live exercises on real cases, ICORI guarantees practical advancement. Hence, the course offers a team of yearlong experienced oral surgeons who teach, support and guide the participants in small working groups in order to achieve high quality in the education.
DIRECTOR OF THE PROGRAM
Dr. Daniel Tafur DDS PhD is an expert in Oral Surgery and Implantology since more than 12 years.
He has trained more than 200 doctors from all over the world during hands-on programs.
His favorite field is bone splitting and guided bone regeneration techniques for solving complex cases of vertical and horizontal defects.
His main satisfaction is sharing his knowledge to other colleagues, where the main goal is the benefit of the patient.
- 2011 PhD in Dentistry in University of Granada, Spain, awarded with SUMMA CUM LAUDE
- 2010 University Diploma in Oral Implantology and Maxillofacial. Faculty of Medicine. University of Paul Sebatier, Toulouse III, France
- 2010 Masters in Occlusion, Oral and Aesthetic Rehabilitation. The European School of
- Rehabilitation Implantology and Biomaterials, (ESORIB), Madrid, Spain
- 2009 Masters in Implantology and Oral Rehabilitation. The European School of Rehabilitation Implantology and Biomaterials (ESORIB) Madrid, Spain
- 2007 Diploma of Advanced Studies (DEA). Faculty of Dentistry, University of Granada, Spain
- 2005-2006 Course for a Doctorate in Investigation in Stomatology, Faculty of Odontology, University of Granada, Spain.
- 2000-2005 Dentistry DDS, School of Dentistry, University of Granada, Spain.
- 2011-2016 Professor for Trinon Collegium Practicum in numerous Q-implant Marathons
- 2011 Visiting Professor in the Official Masters of Investigation in Stomatology, by the Faculty of Odontology, University of Granada, Spain
- 2010-act Professor for the Masters in Implantology and Oral Rehabilitation. The European School of Rehabilitation Implantology and Biomaterials (ESORIB) Madrid, Spain.
- Validity of a dichotomous expert response in bitemark analysis using 3-D technology. Martin-de-Las-Heras S, Tafur D. Sci Justice. 2011 Mar;51(1):24-7. Epub 2010 Aug 13.PMID: 21334578 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE]
- Comparison of simulated human dermal bitemarks possessing three-dimensional attributes to suspected biters using a proprietary three-dimensional comparison. Martin- de-las-Heras S, Tafur D. Forensic Sci Int. 2009 Sep 10;190(1-3):33-7. Epub 2009 Jun 7.PMID: 19505780 [PubMed – indexed for MEDLINE]